The Gift - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of The Gift or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to The Gift

• The Gift - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• The film's cast contains three Oscar winner: Cate Blanchett, Hilary Swank and JK Simmons.

• The cards Annie Wilson uses to perform her "readings" are actually Zener Cards, which are used to perform ESP tests. The cards are not known for their fortune-telling abilities, but this is not necessarily a mistake. Fortune tellers can use a variety of cards from tarot decks to ordinary poker cards to give readings. All that truly matters is that the four elements of nature (fire, water, earth, and air) are represented in some form. Annie would still be able to deliver readings with them as long as she knew which symbols represented which element.

• Keanu Reeves and his on-screen wife Hilary Swank visited with local spousal abuse counselors to understand why men were abusive to their wives and why the wives stayed with the husbands.

• Cate Blanchett and Hillary Swank would win Oscars in 2005 for Supporting Actress and Lead Actress respectively.

• Based on Billy Bob Thornton's own mother's reputed psychic abilities.

• After Sam Raimi was hired as the director of Spider-Man (2002), the schedule for post-production of this film conflicted with his prospective work on the other movie. In the end, the two studios agreed to give Raimi more time to complete post-production on this film, so he could work on both films simultaneously.

• According to a 2014 E! News article, Katie Holmes said she has no problem going topless. "I have done it before when I was young (in The Gift), the right time to do it. But if the part called for it, sure, I'd do it again. I think people need to embrace themselves, their creativity and their bodies."

• Shot over a period of 8 weeks.

• The first UK radio spot incorrectly states the film is rated certificate 15. It was rated 18 when released theatrically, which is evidenced by the other two radio spots, and all three UK television spots. These are available on the 2001 UK DVD release.

• Greg Kinnear and Katie Holmes would later star alongside each other in 2011 series "The Kennedy's".

• Katie Holmes was asked about performing nude during a 2014 interview for The Giver. She mentioned this movie and said "I have done it before when I was young, the right time to do it. But if the part called for it, sure, I'd do it again. I think people need to embrace themselves, their creativity and their bodies."

• J.K. Simmons and Rosemary Harris would co-star again in Spider-Man (2002) but didn't share any scenes together in either movie.

• Annie's car is "The Classic" -- the Delta 88 Oldsmobile that appears in every Evil Dead movie, and nearly every other Sam Raimi movie.

• Billy Bob Thornton (who co-wrote the screenplay) was asked to play the part later taken by Giovanni Ribisi.

• To prepare for her role in this film, Cate Blanchett visited five fortune tellers in one week. One of them told her she needed a bodyguard.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb