G.I. Joe: Retaliation - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of G.I. Joe: Retaliation or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to G.I. Joe: Retaliation

• G.I. Joe: Retaliation - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• The film had 700 visual effects shots, which were mostly handled by three effects companies.

• Only five members of the cast return from G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009): Byung-Hun Lee, Ray Park, Arnold Vosloo, Jonathan Pryce, and Channing Tatum.

• Shayne Ward and Danny Arroyo both tested for roles in the film.

• During the raid on the summit, a team of soldiers runs past Lady Jaye. One of them can be heard shouting "Follow that ground team!" This quote is directly lifted from Transformers: Dark of the Moon when the soldiers in that movie are about to attack the Decepticons. It is definitely Josh Duhamel's voice, indicating Paramount reused this piece of audio.

• The battle on the Himalayas was shot in a New Orleans warehouse previously used to build NASA rockets, that had been fitted with a green screen wall at a very steep angle with a lot of rigging above to swing the stunt people through.

• General Joe Colton enters the code 1776 (year of American Independence) to open one of his numerous hidden weapons cabinets in his house.

• During the President's press conference, one of the news vans has the logo for Extensive Enterprises, a COBRA-owned company.

• As a wrestler, Dwayne Johnson ("The Rock") was known for the line "Can you smell what The Rock is cooking?" In this film, he plays Roadblock who in the original comics was a chef.

• To prepare for her role as Jinx, Elodie Yung spent a month focusing on her cardiovascular exercises ("because of how demanding it all was") and training in wushu for dual sword fighting.

• As a child, Adrianne Palicki (Lady Jaye) was a fan of G.I. Joe and wanted to be Jinx.

• The vehicle driven by Roadblock in the final action sequence is a relatively new U.S. Military vehicle called the Ripsaw. As of 2013, it is deployed in a display capacity for the U.S. Army. It can reach top speeds of above eighty miles per hour, and an amphibious version is in the works.

• The cliff battle scene took two months to film.

• Arnold Vosloo: His face is only seen for roughly three seconds (not counting the few times you see his photo on a computer). The rest of the time his character is played by Jonathan Pryce as Vosloo's Zartan is impersonating The President via the nanotechnological disguise.

• The movie's intended release of June 2012 was changed to March 2013, which led to widespread speculation that the studio had ordered re-shoots. As Channing Tatum had become an A-list star following the success of 21 Jump Street (2012) and Magic Mike (2012), it was believed that the studio wanted to take advantage of his popularity by re-shooting his character's death scene in the first act, and giving him a more prominent role in the rest of the film. This rumor turned out to be false (the delay was already announced before 'Magic Mike' was even released); the postponement of the movie was simply to avoid releasing it in the same month as 'Mike', and to convert the movie to 3D in post-production.

• Henry Jackman replaces Alan Silvestri as the music composer for the film. Jackman would later replace Silvestri in Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014).

• Lady Jaye masquerades as a news reporter. Jonathan Pryce, who plays the President, had starred as a news mogul and the main antagonist in the James Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies (1997).

• After the Joes complete a mission at the beginning of the film, Duke (Channing Tatum) says to Mouse (Joe Mazzello) "Good job Tiny Tim". In the original Jurassic Park (1993) film, after Tim Murphy (Joe Mazzello) is electrocuted on a fence, Alan Grant (Sam Neil's character) calls him "Tiny Tim, the human piece of toast".

• Apparently this is the final film that Channing Tatum and his stunt double Mark Foran worked on together. The two remain friends but Foran is pursuing an acting career of his own. He appears in Angelina Jolie's new movie Unbroken (2014).

• D J Cotrona(Flint) appears in movie Dear John (2010), in which Channing Tatum (Duke) starred.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb