My Favorite Martian - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of My Favorite Martian or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to My Favorite Martian

• My Favorite Martian - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• The first of two movies with Darryl Hanah that was filmed in Santa Barbara County, California. The second would be Cowboy Up (2001).

• Marlon Wayans and David Duchovny were considered for the voice of Zoot, Martin's Talking Space Suit.

• Bill Murray, Michael Douglas, Charlton Heston, and Martin Sheen were also considered for the role of Uncle Martin.

• According to Cinefex, Zoot was originally a silent character. He was later changed to being a wise-cracking, fast-talking character during post-production.

• Wallace Shawn's character's full name is Elliot Coleye, which was purposely made to sound like "E-coli".

• KICU-TV in the San Francisco Bay Area used the callsign letters KGCS prior to 1981. The station launched in 1967 (the same year the original television show went off the air).

• This movie & Splash (1984) not only both Starred Daryl Hannah but in both movies a Marine is called "Gomer". Coincidentally, both movies were released by The Walt Disney Company.

• Tim had three cars. The first one was a 1962 Triumph TR4, the second one was a 1964 Plymouth Sport Fury and the third one was a 1965 Plymouth Sport Fury.

• Jeff Daniel's 2nd Disney film after 101 Dalmatians. Christopher Lloyd was in Who Framed Roger Rabbit as Judge Doom.

• My Favorite Martian (1963) never had a finale episode showing Martin going back home to Mars, so the movie ties up that loose end by having him state he arrived in 1963, and was now finally going back home.

• In My Favorite Martian (1963), Uncle Martin (Ray Walston) had three powers: levitation, invisibility (once he raised his antennae), and mind reading (of Earthlings). Here, Uncle Martin (Christopher Lloyd) had levitation and invisibility, but also several other exotic abilities to make the story funnier; however, he did not demonstrate that he could read the minds of the Earthlings.

• Released on the big screen with a Disney cartoon short "Pluto Gets the Paper: Spaceship" in front of it.

• Wayne Knight voice's Zoot uncredited.

• Tim's car is a 1962 Plymouth Valiant.

• Daryll Hannah's 2nd Disney movie. She was Madison the mermaid in Splash(1984) also a Disney film under Touchstone Pictures.

• The shrinking spaceship is somewhat reminiscent of the Adventure Thru Innerspace attraction (now Star Tours The Adventures Continue) where the ride vehicles (called "Atomobiles") would shrink to atomic size with the guests on board who would supposedly shrink, as well. This is after all a Disney movie.

• Sir Patrick Stewart was considered for the role of Uncle Martin.

• Lizzie is transformed into an updated computer-graphic version of the "monster of the id" animated by Disney artists in Forbidden Planet (1956).

• The outdoor set of Tim's apartment (with the exterior right-angled staircase) is almost exactly the set from My Favorite Martian (1963).

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb