Reign Over Me - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of Reign Over Me or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to Reign Over Me

• Reign Over Me - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• The video game that Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle play is Shadow of the Colossus (2005). It's a game about a man who slays colossi in an attempt to bring a woman back to life. Early scripts had Sandler play a simple, 1980s-style game, until Editor Jeremy Roush recalled that his own father watched the movie Aliens (1986) obsessively as a "thinly veiled kind of Vietnam veteran kind of story". Seeing the imagery of the colossi falling, he realized "someone who was dealing with 9/11 would be engrossed by a giant that keeps collapsing over and over again", so he demonstrated it to Writer and Director Mike Binder and the actors and actresses. With the approval of the game's Director Fumito Ueda, it was included in the movie.

• At first Adam Sandler declined his part because he was terrified of it, although he thought the character was incredible after he read the script. A month later, he re-read the script and decided that he wanted to do it.

• At one point Javier Bardem was going to play Don Cheadle's role of Alan Johnson. Scheduling conflicts led to Cheadle being cast in the role instead. However, Bardem was instrumental in getting Adam Sandler cast in the film. Bardem had seen Punch-Drunk Love (2002) and recommended Sandler to Writer and Director Mike Binder.

• When Charlie is hospitalized, he is wearing a shirt featuring a beaver insignia of Camp Tamakwa, childhood summer camp of Mike Binder and Sam Raimi.

• Alan Johnson reads a Captain America comic book and notes that he has a black sidekick, Falcon. Don Cheadle plays superhero sidekick Colonel James Rhodes (War Machine) in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and appeared along with Captain America and Falcon in Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) and Captain America: Civil War (2016).

• Joey King's first movie.

• Every song that's played in the background is either played on Charlie's iPod or has its album mentioned by Charlie.

• The exterior of Manhattan Criminal Courthouse is actually Baruch College located in New York City. The production paid a little under seven thousand dollars (as well as clean-up costs) to the school for the use of their exterior.

• Jennifer Garner was attached to play the role of "Angela", but left the project a few weeks before filming began.

• Some interior scenes were filmed in Del Rio Diner on Kings Highway in Brooklyn, New York. The diner shut down for two weeks and installed flat screen televisions for the production.

• The title is inspired by Pete Townshend's song "Love Reign O'er Me" from The Who's 1973 album "Quadrophenia", which was also the inspiration for the scooter in this film. The song appears twice on the film's soundtrack, the second time during the end credits.

• The scooter itself is just powerful enough to make it technically illegal in New York City, which permits electric scooters, but has banned engine-powered ones like Charlie's. He's a bit of an outlaw.

• Charlie's appearance is reminiscent to that of Pink Floyd's first singer Syd Barrett; who also lost his mind which lead to his departure from the group and lead his life in serious alienation from people.

• Mike Binder wrote the lead role with Tom Cruise in mind, who turned it down.

• Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle previously appeared in films directed by Paul Thomas Anderson: Cheadle in Boogie Nights (1997) and Sandler in Punch-Drunk Love (2002).

• In the left bottom corner of the receptionist's desk is a glimpse of a postcard size sticker that has the numbers 01.20.09 which was President George W. Bush's last day in office.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb