10 Things I Hate About You - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of 10 Things I Hate About You or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to 10 Things I Hate About You

• 10 Things I Hate About You - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• One of the books clearly seen in the book store scene with Kat and Patrick is entitled "10 Stupid Things Men Do To Mess Up Their Lives".

• Director Gil Junger also played a teacher (uncredited).

• Early in the movie, Julia Stiles' character is seen reading the Sylvia Plath novel, "The Bell Jar". Stiles had been cast to play Esther Greenwood in The Bell Jar before it encountered financial difficulties.

• One of the names on the detention list is that of unit production manager Ross Fanger

• Julia Stiles originally auditioned for the role of Bianca Stratford and, according to screenwriter Kirsten Smith, Larisa Oleynik really wanted to play Kat. Oleynik got the role of Bianca while Stiles got the role of Kat, Bianca's older sister. Despite Kat being two years older than Bianca, Stiles is only three months older than Oleynik in real life.

• When Joey asks Bianca if she is going to Bogey Lowenstein's party, he incorrectly calls it "Bogey Löwenbräu's party" instead. Löwenbräu is a type of German beer unless Joey is making a joke at Bogey's expense.

• This makes the second movie that Letters to Cleo performed for that Larisa Oleynik was in, the first one being The Baby-Sitters Club (1995).

• Larisa Oleynik wears a white hoodie at the end of the film featuring two angels, which is an Easter Egg to a popular AT&T commercial she starred in. In the commercial, she is flirting with a boy on the computer to the tune of Patsy Cline's "Walking After Midnight" and he photoshops her head onto a picture of a cherub and sends it back to her.

• Heath Ledger improvised the moment where Patrick starts playing with the fire.

• The original script was much darker than the one in the final film. In the original, Mandella (Kat's best friend) referred openly and frequently to several suicide attempts, which were so that she could join William Shakespeare.

• The entire film was shot using real locations. No sets were used.

• Cameron refers to getting someone to date Kat as "extreme dating." In 2005, Andrew Keegan (Joey) acted in a film called Extreme Dating (2005).

• At the end of the movie when Kat shares her sonnet, she describes 10 things she hates about Patrick though the number of items listed is up to interpretation.

• There are two Oscar winners in the film: Heath Ledger and Allison Janney.

• In the film, Walter Stratford refers to Dawson's Creek (1998) by calling it "Dawson's River." Heath Ledger later dated Michelle Williams after the film, who starred as Jen Lindley in the series.

• There is a musical reference to the dark plot initially intended in the original screenplay. The band The Suicide Machines' "Battle Hymns" (1998) poster can be seen in Kat's room, in the hallway and off the dance floor as Patrick enters Club Skunk.

• The same infomercial that Kat's dad is watching right before they go to the prom is the same commercial playing in the movie Joy Ride (2001) while at the first hotel.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb