Alien Nation - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of Alien Nation or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to Alien Nation

• Alien Nation - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• The number of alien humanoids living in Los Angeles in the movie in 1991 is around 300,000.

• When George (Mandy Patinkin) is comforting the old woman, a poster of boxing champion Sugar Ray Leonard can be seen hanging next to the Pepsi cooler.

• It takes 16 shots for Sykes to bring down the liquor store robber.

• After Harcourt's transformation, he is no longer played by Terence Stamp, who refused to wear the more elaborate make-up.

• Debut produced screenplay of writer Rockne S. O'Bannon.

• Curt Sobel replaced Jerry Goldsmith as the film's composer. Goldsmith's score was rejected early in post-production for being "too weird", and replaced with music by Sobel. Goldsmith's rejected score was released in Spring 2005 as a Varese Sarabande CD Club Release limited to three thousand copies.

• Originally touted for a July 1988 release for the film under its original title, Outer Heat. The title was changed to avoid confusion with that summer's Red Heat (1988). Its delay to October, due to the post-production overhaul, paved the way for Die Hard (1988) to be 20th Century Fox's major action release for the summer, grossing more than triple this movie's box-office tally, and earning more critical and commercial acclaim along the way. Furthermore, this movie's trailer debuted in front of prints for Die Hard (1988).

• The language of the newcomers is called Tenctonese. The written version seen in graffiti and signage does not reflect the spoken language, but uses Tenctonese characters to represent English letters, saying such things as "no smoking" and "authorized personnel only".

• At one point, "Rambo 6" can be seen on the marquee of a movie theater.

• The nickname for the Newcomers' area of the city is "Slagtown."

• The nickname that cast and crew gave to the alien humanoid characters in the film was "Potato Heads", due to their resemblance to potatoes.

• In the original script, in the opening scenes at the bar with the television newscast, the bar was supposed to be a cop bar called The Hollow Point. News announcements had placed the date of the flying saucer crash landing in the Mojave desert as the morning of October the nineteenth of 1988, being due to a malfunctioning autopilot, while the occasion of the newscast itself was about the marking of the third anniversary of the extraterrestrials arrival, making the opening scene on the evening of October the nineteenth of 1991.

• Prior to its theatrical release, "Alien Nation" was heavily re-edited to be shorter and faster paced. It was supposed to be released in summer, but due to the drastic re-editing it was pushed back to October. Post-production re-editing is also one of the reasons why Jerry Goldsmith's original score had to be removed and replaced. Some scenes, including more between George and Sykes, were deleted while other scenes were cut down or re-edited. The trailer shows parts of deleted fight scene between Sykes and Kipling that happens right after Harcourt overdoses. In the movie Kipling is last seen groaning and regaining consciousness before his car explodes. In a deleted fight scene Kipling knocks Sykes to the ground and is about to kill him when George shoots Kipling with Sykes's handgun and kills him. Besides theatrical trailer, some promotional photos also show parts of this deleted scene.

• When James Caan was asked about this film during an interview with the AV Club in 2013, he replied, "Why the f****...Why would you bring up that?" The interviewer Will Harris said, "A lot of people actually like the film. I do, for one." Caan continued, "Yeah, well, I don't know. I don't have too many...I mean, I loved Mandy Patinkin. Mandy was a riot. But...I don't know. It was a lot of silly stuff, creatively. And we had this English director [Graham Baker] who I wasn't really that fond of. I mean, nice guy, but...it was just one of those things where, you know, you don't quit, you get through it. It certainly wasn't one of...I wouldn't write it down as one of my favorite movies. But it was pretty popular."

• Matthew Sykes last name is similar to word for S***Head in the Newcomer language.

• The movie spawned a short-lived television series Alien Nation (1989) which ran for about a year. The picture and its subsequent series also spun off five television movies during the 1990s: Alien Nation: Dark Horizon (1994), Alien Nation: Body and Soul (1995), Alien Nation: Millennium (1996), Alien Nation: The Enemy Within (1996) and Alien Nation: The Udara Legacy (1997). Also created was a series of comic books and a series of science fiction novels.

• Game Over, Man! 2018

Three friends are on the verge of getting their video game financed when their benefactor is taken hostage by terrorists.

Game Over, Man! features action comedy, absurd, funny, humorous and not serious style.

• Pineapple Express 2008

A stoner and his dealer are forced to go on the run from the police after the pothead witnesses a cop commit a murder.

Pineapple Express features humorous, funny, hilarious, offbeat and action comedy style.

• The Dictator 2012

The heroic story of a dictator who risks his life to ensure that democracy would never come to the country he so lovingly oppressed.

The Dictator features funny, absurd, hilarious, humorous and entertaining style.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb