Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Screenwriter Joss Whedon maintains that this movie should be considered stand-alone, and that any of the events, characters, or character traits in this movie should not be referred to as canon for the television series of the same name.

• Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• The original script by Joss Whedon was heavily re-written to make this movie "lighter". In the original script, Buffy burns down the school gym in which the dance is being held, in an effort to destroy the vampires. In Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997), this fact is referred to several times, as the series is seen as a spin-off of the original, unproduced screenplay, rather than this movie.

• Screenwriter Joss Whedon was so frustrated by how much of his vision was being mishandled, and how much of it was being re-written, that he eventually left the set during production and never came back.

• On March 4, 2019, the day that Luke Perry died, Joss Whedon tweeted, "The first time I met Luke Perry we talked about what kind of movie we wanted 'Buffy' to be. I asked if he'd ever seen 'Near Dark' and he gave me a look of HOW DARE YOU SIR and I knew we'd get along. Funny, committed, and always gracious. He shouldn't be gone."

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb