Reign of Fire - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of Reign of Fire or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to Reign of Fire

• Reign of Fire - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Despite top billing, Matthew McConaughey does not appear until 30 minutes into the film.

• The film posits an alternative history in which the dinosaurs were killed off by dragons, rather than the K-T asteroid as held by mainstream science.

• Martin Allan Kloner and Tara O'Sullivan met during production of this movie and later married.

• When this film was made, Christian Bale and Gerard Butler were relatively unknown to the world's audiences. They have both gone on to Hollywood where they are known easily and have made lots of films.

• The play Quinn and Creedy perform for the children is the film Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980).

• It was filmed in Ireland, in the Wicklow Mountains. They were only allowed to film there under the condition that they clean up entirely after themselves, without damaging the landscape.

• When the production team first began scouting for Irish locations, it was announced that Arnold Schwarzenneger would be starring.

• The song being played during the celebration at the castle is "Fire" by Jimi Hendrix.

• Matthew McConaughey's character appears 30 minutes into the film.

• The preview claims that the film is set in 2084, yet the movie itself gives the date as sometime in the 2020s.

• The film takes place from 2008 to 2020.

• The dead dragon was designed and built by Artem, with visual effects by the Secret Lab.

• In an interview with the AV Club in 2015, Alexander Siddig (Ajay) said, "The only thing I remember about that was the first day. The first A.D. came into the trailer where we were all having our makeup and shit done, and he was, like 'Guys, I need your attention, please.' And we were, like 'Yeah?' And he said, 'Um, Mr. McConaughey's gonna arrive on set in about 15 minutes, and I have to give you a directive - which comes from the producers - that you are not to call him 'Matthew' or 'Mr. McConaughey' or anything to do with his real life. You must call him Van Zan.' Van Zan was his character name. 'And even if you meet him outside in the road, even if you meet him out in town in Dublin,' where we were shooting this movie, 'You must call him Van Zan.' And that is exactly what I remember about that movie, because as that first A.D. left the building, I shouted - rather lamely - 'And he's got to call me Elvis!' But he didn't call me Elvis. In fact, he didn't call me anything!"

• Christian Bale originally planned to be really skinny and scrawny for the film, figuring that in a post-apocalyptic landscape, food wouldn't be so readily available so most people would lose drastic amounts of weight. But when he showed up for filming and saw how bulked up Matthew McConaughey had become, he had to change his mind and hit the gym. Considering the two have an intensive fight scene in the film, Bale reckoned it would look more evenly matched and therefore more realistic if the two men were of similar build.

• The helicopter featured in this movie is a military version of an AgustaWestland AW109. The helicopter is known for its speed.

• Ireland's first major outbreak of foot and mouth disease in almost 40 years meant that the production company needed special permission for the location filming which took place in County Dublin and County Wicklow in 2001. At the time, the Irish public were being told to only visit any rural areas if it was absolutely vital, and not to make any unnecessary journeys.

• Jack Gleeson plays an uncredited role as a member of the audience watching Christian Bale's Star Wars act. They would also share a scene years later in Batman Begins (2005).

• The method by which the dragons expel fire was inspired by two actual animals: the spitting cobra and bombardier beetle.

• An uncredited Jack Gleeson later achieved fame with his breakout performance as Joffrey Baratheon in the HBO series Game of Thrones (2011) (TV Series). The HBO series which is fantasy features dragons.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb