G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Cobra Commander's appearance is based on his appearance in G.I. Joe: The Movie (1987) (a disfigured scientist) and on the Cobra soldiers Major Bludd (a one-eyed former soldier) and Dr Mindbender (a monocle-wearing expert on mind control).

• G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• At film's end, the Joes are preparing for an operation code-named "Mongoose". Mongooses are a family of carnivorous mammals known for their ability to fight and kill snakes, particularly cobras.

• Ray Park was nervous about wearing the ninja suit and asked to practice with it at home so that he could be comfortable with it. He found the suit (composed solely of rubber with a metal visor) like wearing a rubber band, and had to put effort into moving in it.

• Olga Kurylenko was considered for the role of the Baroness.

• According to Stephen Sommers, total invisibility is impossible, but the camouflage cameras in the film (they project the view from a soldier's back onto their front) can allow for virtual invisibility.

• Rachel Nichols, a blonde, plays Scarlett, a redhead. Nichols dyed her hair red for her previous film Star Trek (2009).

• Michael Benyaer: a flight control technician. Benyaer had played Scoop in G.I. Joe: Operation Dragonfire (1989).

• A clue to Zartan's mission can be found early in the film. When first seen, Zartan is sitting at a table aboard McCullen's submarine reading a book. The book is on the Bill of Rights, and he makes remarks about USA government inefficiency, so he is preparing himself for his future role.

• Dennis Quaid filmed all his scenes in the first two months of production.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb