To All the Boys I've Loved Before - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of To All the Boys I've Loved Before or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to To All the Boys I've Loved Before

• To All the Boys I've Loved Before - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Noah Centineo improvised the spin scene in the cafeteria, where Peter enters with his hand in Lara Jean's back pocket (suggested by Lara Jean in the movie, and Peter himself in the book).

• Although the city is never specifically mentioned, and the only location information at the end of the movie is for British Columbia, Canada, the B-roll footage of the city and license plates on the cars set the story in Portland, Oregon.

• Jenny Han, the writer of the books, mentioned in an interview that loads of studios were interested in adapting the book into a feature film, with only one condition: change the race heritage of Lara Jean to Caucasian. Han, determined to keep Lara Jean's heritage as half Korean, half American, said only one studio agreed with her choice and cast an Asian actress as Lara Jean. Lana Condor, who is an adoptee in real life, was the result. However, Jenny Han did not insist any of the boys be cast as Asian. As a result, the cast of boys Lara loved consists of only four Whites, one Black, and none of the boys Lara loved are Asian.

• In the book Kitty sends the letters out because she is mad at Lara Jean, not because she wants her to have a boyfriend

• The letter to Josh reads: "Josh Sanderson, I liked you first. By all rights, you were mine. And if it had been me, I'd have packed you in my suitcase and taken you with me, or, you know what, I would have stayed. I would have never left you. Not in a million years, not for anything. P.S. I still love you and that's a really huge problem for me and it's also a really huge surprise. I swear I didn't know. All this time, I thought I was over it. How could I not be, when it's Margot you love? It's always been Margot."

• Peter Kavinsky saving the bowl of popcorn during the pillow fight with Kitty was improvised by Noah Centineo.

• Netflix bought the rights of the movie in March 2018.

• The ending of the film hints at a sequel. The boy who turns up at Lara Jean's door at the end is the same boy that comes to look for Lara Jean in the second book: John Ambrose.

• This is the first book by Jenny Han to be adapted into a film.

• The tiny yogurt drink which has a role in the movie is Yakult, popular both in Korea and Japan.

• The letters seen in the movie, including the contract, were all physically written by Lana Condor. During a lunch break Lana had to write several copies as her character Lara Jean rips them.

• There is a scene after credits begin rolling.

• Lucas's name in the novels is Lucas Krapf, but Lucas James in the movie.

• The conversation between Lara Jean and Chris about her EDM concert was not scripted and was improvised.

• Jenny Han, the author of the novel of the film, made a cameo appearance as a chaperone in the scene where Lara Jean and Lucas dance together.

• The scene on the track originally had Lara Jean jumping into Peters arms, but did not work well on screen. Shooting was delayed while the director, along with the actors, reworked the crucial scene.

• The characters repeatedly meet at the Corner Cafe. This was a real diner in North Vancouver, BC, Canada at Pemberton & 15th Street which closed in late 2018, reopening as the Douce Diner.

• The wallpaper on Lara Jean's phone showing her and Peter asleep was actually the actors relaxing together off-set. A crew member snapped the picture of them and used it in the film.

• This is the second romantic comedy directed by Susan Johnson. She also directed Carrie Pilby (2016); both were adapted from novels.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb