Who Framed Roger Rabbit - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of Who Framed Roger Rabbit or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to Who Framed Roger Rabbit

• Who Framed Roger Rabbit - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Bob Hoskins had to do a lot of his acting in front of a greenscreen, only visualizing the cartoon characters that were added later. In a 1988 interview for Danish television, he said, "I had to learn to hallucinate to do it. After doing it for six months, for sixteen hours a day, I lost control of it, and sort of had weasels and rabbits popping out of the wall at me." Hoskins didn't take another job for a year.

• For this movie, animation director Richard Williams set out to break three rules that previously were conventions for combining live-action and animation: first, move the camera as much as possible so the Toons don't look pasted on flat backgrounds; second, use lighting and shadows to an extreme that was never before attempted; third, have the Toons interact with real-world objects and people as much as possible.

• Wallace Shawn was considered for the role of Eddie Valiant.

• The song at the end of the film, "Smile, Darn Ya, Smile," was recorded by most of the film's animators doing their best character voices.

• Screenwriters Jeffrey Price and Peter S. Seaman admired Chinatown (1974). There were two sequels planned to that film; the first was The Two Jakes (1990), which was eventually made. The second was to be about corruption in Los Angeles when the streetcar system was undermined, and freeways were built to replace them. It was to be called "Cloverleaf". Although it is an animated comedy, Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988) pretty much tells the story that would have been covered in the never-filmed, post-noir sequel.

• Judge Doom's master plan to dismantle the Red Car trolley is based in fact. Private corporations conspired to eliminate public transit in the late 1940s and 1950s to generate demand for automobiles.

• June Foray's first time voice acting in a live action film. Her next 3 films in the next 2 decades would later be Space Jam (1996), The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle (2000) and Looney Tunes: Back in Action (2003).

• When Valiant confronts Maroon and sprays him with a seltzer bottle, a Roger Rabbit poster can be seen in the background.

• The movie's line "I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way." was voted as the #83 of "The 100 Greatest Movie Lines" by Premiere in 2007.

• The truck full of bowling balls, pianos, etc., into which Jessica Rabbit and, subsequently, Eddie Valiant crash into in Toontown is labelled "ACME Overused Gags".

• Lou Rawls was the original voice for Benny, until Charles Fleischer, who voiced Roger, Greasy, and Psycho, got the role.

• This film was where April Winchell did her first voice, performing the roles of Mrs. Herman and the movie version of Baby Herman in the cartoon shoot at the start of the film.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb