Suspect - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of Suspect or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to Suspect

• Suspect - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Although Liam Neeson is right handed, in this movie he uses his left hand to write on a chalkboard to present the crude handwriting of someone who isn't used to it.

• Executive Producer John Veitch said of the production of this movie: "Washington is where the story takes place and we were extremely fortunate to be able to film in all the locations indicated in the script. In the past, certain film companies had abused the privilege of filming in some of the key government buildings so we had to somehow offset that. When production was completed, the Secret Service thanked us, and said to come back anytime."

• Director Peter Yates said of this movie: "It's a story about integrity. A lot of the film takes place in the courtroom, and it has always been my feeling that everything is told in a courtroom except the truth. By that, I mean that the information given reads right, and sounds accurate, but what's missing is the emotion of the moment when the murder took place, when the divorce happened, or when the assault occurred. I think what (Screenwriter) Eric Roth has done with this script, is managed to establish a style, whereby we see what happened before we hear it reported in the courtroom scenes. That way you get the contrast between the emotion of the actual event, and the almost clinical reporting of it later on."

• Debut film of producer Daniel A. Sherkow.

• Before production began, the leading cast members took significant time researching their respective roles.

• The movie's screenwriter (Eric Roth) also wrote the Oscar-winning screenplay for Forrest Gump (1994).

• After Breaking Away (1979), this was the second and final film that Dennis Quaid and Peter Yates made together.

• Set in the U.S. capital city of Washington, D.C.

• Cher and John Mahoney were also in Moonstruck (1987).

• Liam Neeson lived in a Washington, D.C. homeless shelter for two days, to prepare for his role.

• Dennis Quaid, portraying a character called Eddie Sanger, would later play another character with the same first name, Eddie Bichon in Something to Talk About (1995).

• E. Katherine Kerr & Fred Melamed previously collaborated in Lovesick (1983).

• Cher, in preparing for her lead role as the film's central character Kathleen Riley, spent considerable time with the Public Defender's office in Washington, D.C., with many of their attorneys, and attended several trials in District of Columbia area courts. Cher said: "I sat in on a real murder trial, and it's enormously different from anything I'd ever seen in film or on television. I went to jail and spent time with the convicted men, and that was an amazing experience. It's so strange, because I look at these guys and they're all somebody's child, or brother, or father, but they've all just gone the wrong way."

• Some movie posters featured a long blurb that read: "She's a lawyer who broke two laws of her profession . . . Never get involved with a juror and never look for clues in dangerous places".

• By the time principal photography was completed in the spring of 1987, Peter Yates felt that "we really covered the whole spectrum of Washington, from Capitol Hill right down to the drain pipes by the Potomac. Suspect (1987) is a film which, we hope, will entertain and enthrall audiences."

• The film's leading lady Cher said of her casting, performance, and characterization: "I read the script and really, really liked it, but I was also very intimidated until I jumped into it. I know nothing about the law, so I chose to play the aspects of Kathleen's character that I knew, that I could relate to, and then the legal terms and language just fell into place. I used them as if I'd been using them all my life. The easy part was being in front of the jury. The hard part was acting well enough to make people believe you know what you're doing. You have to make them believe that you have been a student, gone to college, gone to law school, and have been doing this for eight years. That's the difficult part".

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb