Guess Who - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of Guess Who or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to Guess Who

• Guess Who - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Harold Ramis was offered to direct, but declined.

• Ashton Kutcher suggested that his character be Jewish, to add another dimension to his conflict with the Christian Percy Jones. The idea was scrapped because the filmmakers wanted to focus on the issue of interracial romance rather than also looking into the interfaith issue.

• Roles are reversed in this unofficial remake : an African-American woman introduces her parents to her white boyfriend here, while it was a white woman introducing her African-American boyfriend in the original movie.

• The Writer's Guild of America (WGA) mandated that William Rose be credited for his work on the original Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967). However, he is never actually mentioned in this movie.

• The director's reason for making the film? "I have a 12-and-a-half-year-old daughter who's beautiful, and I'm sure she's going to come home one day with some Lithuanian, Samoan, punk-rock drummer dude, and I thought if I did this movie I'd be able to work out my issues before that day comes."

• As evidenced by the clappers in the deleted scenes section, the working title for the movie was "The Dinner Party".

• During the scene where Percy Jones (Bernie Mac) and Simon Green (Ashton Kutcher) are riding in the car together, all the songs on the radio are about interracial romance (the Stories' "Brother Louie") or have something to do with race relations or race in general (Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder's "Ebony and Ivory", and the chorus for Lou Reed's "Walk on the Wild Side" is introduced with the line, "And the colored girls go"), adding to the tension between the characters.

• At an estimated cost of $100,000, digital effects were used to remove Ashton Kutcher's red Kabbalah bracelet in every scene in which he appeared.

• When Percy races Simon at the go kart track they are actually racing in a different state than where the movie takes place. The go kart filming location is at Speedzone go karts and mini golf in West Covina California. The filmmakers took extra precautions by switching the license plates of cars in the background to not be from California.

• Zoe Saldana played Uhura in JJ Abrams' Star Trek reboot. The original Star Trek TV series featured the first interracial kiss on television - incidentally between Uhura and Captain Kirk.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb