Austin Powers in Goldmember - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of Austin Powers in Goldmember or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to Austin Powers in Goldmember

• Austin Powers in Goldmember - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Michael York and Sir Michael Caine, veteran English actors with over one hundred movies each to his credit, had never worked on a movie together before this one.

• The little cars in the car chase from Mr. Roboto's warehouse are Corbin Sparrows.

• The updated version of the Alfie (1966) song heard during the end credits was originally a musical number within the movie. The scene was shot including each character singing a verse or part of a verse of the song, but the musical number was later cut from the final movie. It is included in the deleted scenes on the DVD release.

• Austin Powers (a parody on James Bond) and Dr. Evil (a parody on Bond's nemesis Ernst Stavro Blofeld) turn out to be brothers. In Spectre (2015), James Bond finds his foster brother in charge of S.P.E.C.T.R.E., using the alias Ernst Stavro Blofeld.

• One of the signs in Dr. Evil's submarine illustrates how henchmen should correctly lift an unconscious captive in order to prevent any back pain. It reads "Lift with your legs, not with your back".

• The DVD features a good quantity of outtakes: - more dialogue between Austin, Foxxy, and Fat Bastard in the sumo baths; - Austin getting drunk after the knighting; - Frau Farbissina, Number Two, and Scott packing up the old Evil Lair, where Number Two tries to convince Scott that alpaca farming is worth looking into; - More to the "Fahza" sequence; - A second "Fahza" sequence when Goldmember is talking to Foxxy before driving away with the Preparation H; - Mini-Me killing a convict after the "Hard-Knock Life" Number; - A sequence involving Austin, lingerie, and a mirror; - More to the 'can I paint his yoohoo gold? that's my thing' bit; - A song number after Austin and Nigel split up; - Another appearance by Fook Mi and Fook Yu; - A variety of outtakes and deleted scenes, some from the trailers - The "vomit overkill sequence" after Mr. Roboto gets fed to the sharks (blood is seen in the water); - Dr. Evil playing with the submarine controls, claiming to be emulating Das Boot (1981); - Austin and Dr. Evil at the academy, both doing a combination of the "hide Austin's crotch behind stuff" - Austin and Dr. Evil at the academy in a long sequence of scenes using euphemisms for penis; - The villains talking about how gold isn't the most valuable thing around. Also included are: - A gigantic "operatic" vomiting sequence ("the Fantasia (1940) of vomit scenes", according to Jay Roach); - A musical number ("What's It All About, Austin?") performed by Susanna Hoffs while Austin looks for his dad in Tokyo, featuring Number Two in drag with Young Number Two; - A naked Young Austin with Young Evil; - A small weightlifting scene with Dr. Evil and Mini-Me before their rap; - A confrontation between Mini-Me and a prisoner after the rap; - A scene of Scott in Dr. Evil's chair in the Hollywood sign lair, and an extra part of the opening dance number.

• The computer in Dr. Evil's hideout is made up from components of an IBM AN/FSQ-7 Combat Direction Central, built in 1954 to protect the U.S. from Soviet bomber attack. It was the largest and heaviest computer system ever built, the full system weighed six thousand tons (twelve million pounds, or 5,543,108 kilograms), and took up an entire floor of a bomb-proof blockhouse. Components of decommissioned systems were sold for scrap, and bought by film and television production companies who wanted futuristic looking computers, despite the fact they were built in the 1950s. The components used in this movie were previously used in The Time Tunnel (1966), The Towering Inferno (1974), Independence Day (1996), and Fail Safe (2000), amongst many other movies and television shows.

• The scene where Austin walks across the bath by standing on the sumo wrestlers is a parody of a scene in Live and Let Die (1973), in which James Bond escaping the crocodiles by walking across them.

• Signs found in the background of Dr. Evil's sub: All Henchmen Must Clock In With Their Own Timecard, 42 Days Since Last Accident/Liquidation, Hang In There!

• During the "Hard Knock Life" rap song, you can see Mini-Me's and Dr. Evil's Prison Number. Dr. Evil's prison number is 00001 and Mini-Me's prison number is 00001/8, a reference to the fact that Mini-Me is 1/8 of Dr. Evil's size.

• The items on Austin Powers' briefly-glimpsed "Things To Do Before I Die" list are, in order: Become International Man of Mystery; Save World from Certain Doom; Find True Love; Go to Outer Space; Travel Through Time, Backward and Forward; Be Cryogenically Frozen; Catch Dr. Evil in the First Act; Threesome with Japanese Twins; Win Daddy's Respect.

• Director Jay Roach's first cut of this movie ran three hours long.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb