The Batman - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of The Batman or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to The Batman

• The Batman - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• This will be the first live-action Batman film to feature The Riddler since Batman Forever (1995).

• It is rumoured that Jeremy Strong was offered the role of Harvey Dent.

• Zoë Kravitz had previously voiced the character of Catwoman in The Lego Batman Movie (2017).

• The first solo Batman film to be shot on digital.

• First portrayal of Commissioner Gordon as an African-American.

• Robert Pattinson's screentest (before he was cast) took place while he was in his first few days of shooting Tenet (2020) in Los Angeles in May 2019. Pattinson had to lie to Christopher Nolan about it, but Nolan, who was no stranger to the Caped Crusader and Warner Bros., immediately figured it out. "It's funny because Chris is so secretive about everything to do with his movies," Pattinson said. "And then I had to be really secretive about Batman stuff. So I had to lie to Chris about having to go for a screen test; I said I had a family emergency. And as soon as I said 'it's a family emergency' he said: 'You're doing the Batman audition, aren't you?'"

• Matt Reeves cites the Batman comics "Batman: Ego" and "The Long Halloween" as influences on the film.

• Robert Pattinson was director Matt Reeves top choice. Reeves has said to have been very impressed by Pattinson's performances in 2016's The Lost City of Z, and 2017's Good Time. Growing up in London, UK, Pattinson watched the Tim Burton Batman movies and loved them: "Batman was really the only superhero who I had any connection with when I was growing up, I was kind of obsessed when I was a kid." He'd been chasing Batman for much longer than anyone knew. Pattinson had heard that Reeves was working on a script that reimagines Bruce Wayne in the younger years of his life. "I've had Batman in my mind for a while. It's such an absurd thing to say. I sort of had an idea to do it, and I'd been prodding Matt. He didn't accept any prods. I kept asking to meet him." When Reeves finally finished the script, he relented and agreed to a meeting in LA. "Then I had to kind of try to imagine what he'd written, and I hadn't even read the script. I'd come with this pad full of notes."

• In the original comics, The Riddler's real name is Edward Nygma and in the New 52 storyline, his surname is changed from Edward Nigma or Nashton to Nigma. The film's version will be Edward Nashton.

• Third collaboration between Matt Reeves and Andy Serkis after Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014) and War for the Planet of the Apes (2017).

• Zoë Kravitz and Robert Pattinson received the same advice from their predecessors of their respective roles (Michelle Pfeiffer and Christian Bale respectively): make sure you can go to the bathroom while in costume.

• The Batmobile in this film is a customized muscle car. This draws influence from the 1970s "Batman" comics by Neal Adams, where the Batmobile was a fairly normal-looking car that Batman drove for stealth purposes.

• This will be the first live-action Batman film to feature The Penguin since Batman Returns (1992).

• The movie's working title was 'Vengeance'.

• Director Matt Reeves stated that while writing the screenplay, he listened to the track "Thank God for the Rain" from the soundtrack of Taxi Driver (1976) on loop.

• According to Robert Pattinson, he was "f-ing furious" when the news leaked on May 16, 2019 that he was in negotiations to play the next Batman. Although he was the frontrunner for the role, he hadn't screentested for the role yet.

• Robert Pattinson about why he wanted the role: "I felt a connection to it, I don't know why. I just really wanted it. [The role of the Batman has] power; everyone is attracted to it. It's an unidentifiable thing."

• Zoë Kravitz is the third African American actress to play Catwoman in live action after Eartha Kitt in Batman (1966) and Halle Berry in Catwoman (2004).

• Matt Reeves cites the Batman comic "Ego" as an influence on Batman's portrayal in this film: "There's a lot in the story about Bruce Wayne confronting the shadow side of himself that's Batman and the degree to which you have self knowledge. There's psychological union, where Batman is broken and he does things for reasons he knows and reasons he doesn't know yet."

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb