Freaky Friday - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of Freaky Friday or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to Freaky Friday

• Freaky Friday - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• The name and breed of the Andrews pet family dog was a Basset Hound called "Max".

• While Jodie Foster did not perform her own water skiing, she did however, play field hockey in the movie.

• Jodie Foster said of the film whilst doing press publicity for the picture around the time the movie first launched: "I think it's important for my career that I make all different kinds of films. I'm proud that I made Freaky Friday (1976). I shouldn't make one kind of picture like so many child stars of the past did. And I thought the idea of Freaky Friday (1976) was terrific. A lot of my friends think it's my best picture. I really like working for Disney".

• The age of the Annabel Andrews character played by Jodie Foster was thirteen. This was the actual age that Foster was around the time the picture was made but Foster had turned fourteen by the time the movie debuted late 1976.

• Actress Jodie Foster was offered the Princess Leia role in Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) around the time that this movie was in development when George Lucas had wanted to make the character young and Foster had actually got the part when it was realized that Foster was still under contract to Disney. There may have been a way for Foster to get out of the contract but her mother decided to honor the contract and as such Foster contractually completed Freaky Friday (1976) for Disney in 1976.

• The water-skiing story element was an add-on for the film version and was not in the 1972 source novel of the same name by Mary Rodgers.

• The fake braces that Jodie Foster wears in the movie were designed in such a way so as to cover the cap between her top palate's two front teeth. Foster says on the DVD bonus feature that the dental bands had a vocal effect on her speech in the movie.

• Jodie Foster has said in interviews that she thought she was fat when she was in Freaky Friday.

• Actress Debra Winger tried out for the role of Annabel Andrews which in the end was cast with Jodie Foster.

• Both Jodie Foster and Barbara Harris were nominated for Best Actress - Musical or Comedy at the 1977 Golden Globes for this film. Technically, as they also played each other's characters, they were both nominated for playing the same character(s).

• This is part of Jodie Foster's self-proclaimed "Fat Period" from Freaky Friday up until and not including Foxes. She actually looks totally different during this period during any other period of her life; very rugged and tomboyish; not her usually sleek and beautiful but tough look. Some people have nicknamed it her Peppermint Patty period. In spite of this Foster's career kept going strong through this period until the early 80s.

• The film was made and released about four years after its source novel of the same name by Mary Rodgers had been first published in 1972.

• On the DVD bonus extra, Jodie Foster said that this film was a transition film for her from being a child actor to an adult actor.

• The title song "I'd Like to be You for a Day" is sung by Barbara Harris and Jodie Foster.

• Marc McClure (Boris Harris) would later play Boris the parcel delivery man in the remake Freaky Friday (2003). He is the only actor to appear in both films. He also played Jimmy Olsen in the Superman franchise and Dave McFly in the Back to the Future franchise.

• Feature film debut of actress Charlene Tilton who played Bambi.

• The nick-name that Annabel Andrews (Jodie Foster) had for her brother Ben Andrews (Sparky Marcus) was "Ape Face".

• Neither of the film's two lead actresses, Jodie Foster nor Barbara Harris, performed any actual water-skiing in the movie. All this was done in the studio in front of blue screens. Foster on the DVD states that she trained on water-skis for three days ending up not actually doing any real water-skiing in the movie. Professional water-skiers were used as doubles for the long shots.

• The date of the "Freaky Friday" in the movie's story-line was a Friday the 13th.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb