Revolutionary Road - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Leonardo DiCaprio stated that this film was not meant to be a romance, and that both he and Kate Winslet intentionally avoided films that show them in romantic roles since Titanic (1997). Both of them were reluctant to make films similar to "Titanic" because "we just knew it would be a fundamental mistake to try to repeat any of those themes".

• Revolutionary Road - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Kate Winslet won the Golden Globe in 2009 for Best Actress-Motion Picture-Drama for her role as April Wheeler. During her speech, she praised co-star Leonardo DiCaprio, "Leo, I'm so happy I can stand here and tell you how much I love you, and how much I've loved you for 13 years", causing the actor to tear up. "Your performance in this film is nothing short of spectacular. I love you with all my heart, I really do."

• It is noted above that Kate Winslet, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Kathy Bates all appeared in Titanic (1997), but the character interrelationships here are almost exactly the inverse. In Titanic (1997), Winslet and Dicaprio are members of different classes but with similar values, and their love proved stronger than society's rules. In this film, they are both middle class but with different priorities imprinted upon them by society, and it is society's pressure that causes their fundamental schism. In Titanic (1997) Kathy Bates' character is a rich person with commoner values who approved of the main character's dreams and believed the rules of society were ridiculous. In this film, Bates is a middle-class suburbanite who puts on airs of "propriety" and promotes the oppressive rules of society to such a degree that she alienates her own son and hypocritically "never liked" her good friends the Wheelers after their scandal.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb