Catch Me If You Can - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of Catch Me If You Can or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to Catch Me If You Can

• Catch Me If You Can - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• At 13 minutes and 13 seconds into the bonus material 'The Casting of the Film', Steven Spielberg is seen wearing a matching blue top and cap. The cap has 'FBI' written on the front in white letters. At 13 minutes and 28 seconds, Steven Spielberg is seen wearing the same shade of blue in a denim top and cap. The cap has 'E.T.' written on the front in white letters.

• Steven Spielberg: [music] score by John Williams.

• When Frank is being extradited back to the United States, he is shown as being aboard a TWA airplane. DiCaprio would later go on to portray Howard Hughes in The Aviator (2004). Hughes was, at one time, the owner of TWA and was in competition with Pan Am's head, Juan Trippe. Pan Am is the airline that Frank, in the movie, scams a lot of money and free flights by posing as one of their pilots.

• All road and concrete surfaces are wet in every shot, even though all scenes take place in sunny weather. Many cinematographers simply prefer the look of wet roads.

• In his biography, Abagnale says that if he wanted to "lay down a baby con," he would lie about his childhood. All the stuff about Abagnale's dad being a hustler is made up as the real Frank, Sr. was not only a straight shooter, but also one of Frank, Jr.'s first victims, since the kid started his criminal life with petty scams involving his dad's credit card. He once racked up thousands on a spending spree before his dad got the bill.

• The blackboard that Carl Hanratty is writing on toward the end of the movie contains a small note at the bottom that says, "Steven and Tom's 4th project". Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks had previously collaborated on Band of Brothers (2001), Saving Private Ryan (1998) and Joe Versus the Volcano (1990).

• Some FBI agents did occasionally chase Abagnale, but he didn't have a relationship with any of them, and he certainly didn't call them every Christmas. As Abagnale himself points out with flawless logic: "Why would I do that? I didn't want the FBI to know where I was."

• Filmed in 52 days.

• According to the real Frank Abagnale, Jr., after he ran out of the courtroom, he never saw, or spoke to his father again. However, Spielberg thought it would make a better story to have him communicate with his father, so they left it in.

• When Hanratty (Tom Hanks) finds out that Frank (Leonardo DiCaprio) is still at the hotel, he turns to Amdursky (Brian Howe) and says, "You just keep your eyes open, do your job and I'll buy you both a Good Humor bar." After Frank escapes, in the next scene, Amdursky is standing behind Hanratty and eating a Good Humor bar.

• The newly-filmed clip from "To Tell the Truth" that opens the movie was based on an actual episode in which Frank was a guest. In that episode, not a single panelist correctly guessed that he was the real Frank Abagnale, Jr. This episode of "To Tell the Truth" can be viewed on YouTube.

• When they show Frank, going to the bank for the first time cashing a check, as a phony pilot, they show a red seal 100 dollar bill being given; since he was only 17 years old, this would've made the year 1965; the red seal 100 dollar bills weren't introduced until 1966.

• According to the real Frank Abagnale, Jr., approximately eighty percent of the book is true. The screenwriters combined story lines from the book and several characters from the book were merged together for the film.

• Leonardo DiCaprio was an ironic choice for the lead, Frank Abagnale was known to have resembled an adult at a young age. While in Hollywood, Leo is known for his very young appearance despite his age.

• First of two movies starring Amy Adams and Tom Hanks, the other being "Charlie Wilson's War" (2007).

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb