Old School - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of Old School or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to Old School

• Old School - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• During the KY wrestling scene, the song "Louie Louie" is playing in the background of the party. The song is also featured during a party in the fraternity themed National Lampoon's Animal House (1978).

• Vince Vaughn and his friends accepted an invitation to hang out in Snoop Dogg's trailer to play video games on the last day of shooting. Vaughn recalled seeing Luke Wilson later watching the news alone in his trailer. He had not been informed of the get-together.

• During the KY Jelly wrestling scene, the two female wrestlers are announced as residents of Hayden Hall. In reality, Hayden Hall is a dorm at writer and director Todd Phillips' alma mater, New York University.

• Vince Vaughn had to keep the crowd at the Mitch-a-Palooza scene (over three hundred extras) under control by entertaining them for at least an hour.

• The beer that Will Ferrell drinks during the Mitch-a-Palooza scene is O'Doul's (non-alcoholic).

• Todd Phillips and Scot Armstrong wrote and re-wrote every day for two months at executive producer Ivan Reitman's house, an experience Phillips described as comedy writing "boot camp".

• Frank's streaking scene was shot on a city street. As Will Ferrell remembered it, one of the storefronts was a twenty-four-hour gym with Stairmasters and treadmills in the window. "I was rehearsing in a robe, and all these people are in the gym, watching me. I asked one of the production assistants, 'Shouldn't we tell them I'm going to be naked?' Sure enough, I dropped my robe and there were shrieks of pure horror. After the first take, nobody was at the window anymore. I took that as a sign of approval."

• The idea for the film came when writer and director Todd Phillips was talking to a friend of his who had seen and enjoyed Phillips' movie Frat House (1998) and told him, "You know what would be funny is a movie about older guys who start a fraternity of their own." After being told by Phillips to write it, he presented Phillips with a "loose version" of the finished product.

• The fraternity name, according to the Greek letters used on the flyers for the first chapter meeting read, Lambda Epsilon Omega, which could mean they are the LEOs, Lambd-Os, Lamb-Eps or probably the more truthful Lame-Os.

• First feature film role for Patrick J. Adams, who portrayed Patch.

• Vince Vaughn, Luke Wilson, and Will Ferrell dubbed themselves "The Wolfpack", several years before Todd Phillips directed The Hangover (2009), because they would always make fun of each other. A particularly stinging exchange had Ferrell refer to Legally Blonde (2001) (in which Wilson had co-starred) as "Legally Bland". Wilson said it didn't make him feel great. Wilson retorted by saying to Ferrell, "Will, you know the transition from TV to the movies isn't a very easy one, so you might just want to keep one foot back in TV just in case this whole movie thing falls through!"

• According to Vince Vaughn, the studio didn't want him for the film, as they were unsure that he could do comedy (this being before he was known as a comedic actor).

• Pritchard (Jeremy Piven) asks Michael (Patrick Fischer) if he was a stand-up comedian. Fischer appeared in Mad Men (2007) as a stand-up comedian.

• Before filming, Vince Vaughn worked with Will Ferrell to figure out their characters' backstories and how they knew each other; he credited that with helping him figure out who Bernard was, which led to several ad-libbed moments. "The earmuff scene where he swears in front of the kids, and then I tell the kid to earmuff, that all is off the cuff. But that stuff is a lot easier to do when you know who you are and your circumstances, and who your characters are", Vaughn explained.

• Stuart Cornfeld: Ben Stiller's producing partner appears as the cab driver who takes Mitch to the airport.

• The last scene shot was Mitch-A-Palooza.

• Blue's real name is Joseph (Jay) "Blue" Pulaski. The Toronto Blue Jays have a minor league team named the Pulaski Blue Jays.

• Writer and director Todd Phillips' dog has a cameo in the movie as Garry, the oral sex instructor's dog.

• The wedding scene where Mitch makes a speech was added during filming. The idea came from Vince Vaughn.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb