Treasure Planet - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of Treasure Planet or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to Treasure Planet

• Treasure Planet - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• John Cho was considered for the role of Jim Hawkins.

• On the planet in B.E.N.'s cave, Dr. Doppler says the phrase "Dangit Jim, I'm not a doctor. I mean I am, but it's a doctorate, it's not the same thing." This is a reference to Star Trek (1966), where Dr. Leonard H. "Bones" McCoy, always said "Damnit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a ____!" to Captain James T. Kirk.

• Walt Disney Animation Studios' last hand-drawn animated movie rated PG by the A.C.B. (Australian Classification Board).

• The villain Mr. Scroop shares his name with the equally villainous Lord Scroop, a character in William Shakespeare's "Henry V".

• Jack Angel and his late co-star John Cygan appeared in Toy Story 3 (2010) and movies before and after that such as Ice Age: The Meltdown (2006), Horton Hears a Who! (2008), The Lorax (2012), and Despicable Me 2 (2013), of which featured more of their on-and-off partners Joseph Bologna, Bob Bergen, Jan Rabson, Corey Burton, Rodger Bumpass, and Dee Bradley Baker, in addition to many other animated projects until 2017.

• The contest between Jim and Silver, each coaxing Morph to come to them so they could obtain the map, was ad-libbed.

• Remains the lowest grossing film directed by John Musker and Ron Clements to date, despite its popularity and great reviews, it became a box-office bomb, mainly due to releasing the same day as another animated film Eight Crazy Nights (2002) which grossed higher than this film.

• The name of the ship, "R.L.S. Legacy", is a reference to the book's ("Treasure Island") author, Robert Louis Stevenson.

• Footage from Peter Pan (1953) was used to test CGI grafts onto animated bodies.

• A sequel was planned with Willem Dafoe set to voice the villainous Ironbeard, but it was cancelled based on this movie's failure at the box office.

• Animator Glen Keane drew from real life inspiration when animating Silver's "You've got the makings of greatness in you" speech to Jim. In his words, "I was seventeen years old and I had been fighting for a starting position on the football team as a halfback. And there was another player who was competing for the same position and he was a heck of a lot bigger and the head coach's favorite guy. I worked really hard and I got the starting position on this game and I was very proud of it. The game started and I played three plays and got the ball once. Then the head coach took me out and put the other guy in for the rest of the game. I never played again and I was crushed. As a seventeen-year-old, that's your life. You want your chance to shine. I had it but the coach took it away."Afterwards in the parking lot, the assistant coach, Mickey Ryan, a great guy who spoke with his heart and always had a twinkle in his eye, put his hand on my shoulder and said, 'Glen, you're gonna do great things. You're gonna get that starting position. That wasn't right what happened.' And I could see that he really cared. There were tears in his eyes and I started to cry too. I lived that scene with Jim and Silver on the boat when Silver encourages Jim after a big setback. It was one of those things where you try to animate what you lived through and hope you can even get close to it."

• The song "Always Know Where You Are" was written by John Rzeznik, who also performed the song during the end credits. However, on the soundtrack album, the song was performed by the British boy band BBMak.

• One scene resembles "The Hostage" by N. C . Wyeth, where both depict Long John Silver dragging Jim Hawkins along to the treasure.

• Rosco Lee Browne's second (and also last) Walt Disney Animation Studios movie after Oliver & Company (1988).

• Kari Wuhrer was considered for the role of Captain Amelia.

• Virginia Madsen was considered for the role of Captain Amelia.

• Casting director Ruth Lambert held a series of casting auditions for the film in New York, Los Angeles, and London, but the crew already had some actors in mind for two of the major characters.

• Josh Radnor was considered for the role of Jim Hawkins.

• Nathan Lane, Gilbert Gottfried, Gil Bellows, Mike Myers, Eric Bana, Vince Vaughn, and Chris Rock were considered for the role of B.E.N.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb