Suicide Squad - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of Suicide Squad or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to Suicide Squad

• Suicide Squad - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• In the original DC comics, June Moone a.k.a. The Enchantress began as a superhero who appeared almost exclusively in back-up features. Because she had the ability to transform from ordinary young woman into powerful witch or back again by calling out her name, "Enchantress!", her unfortunate nickname in the comics was "The Switcheroo Witch-eroo!" In her original continuity, she became evil as the result of a botched spell ritual she had thought would erase all evil from the world; this was later retconned to something similar to what appears in the movie. The character gained any sort of popularity only after turning into a supervillain, first appearing as an occasional antagonist to Supergirl and later joining the Suicide Squad comic book series as an ongoing character.

• Cara Delevingne described June Moone as "an adventure-seeker who's always wanted some excitement" and Enchantress as "a feral being."

• David Ayer reflected on how the aftermath of his film affected his approach in directing Netflix's Bright (2017) "It was shit. Yeah, it was shit reviews. I got my throat cut," Ayer said of Suicide Squad. Critics called the work "unexciting," "predictable," "mind-boggling stupid," and a film "beholden to the corporate vision of other recent DC adaptations." "It was a super polarizing movie. Incredibly polarizing," Ayer added. The director went on to explain how the response made him "gun shy" when going to work on Bright. "It's like going to the boxing ring and getting knocked out is how it felt. And I had to go into the ring again. And directing is a confidence game, because you're selling everyone on something that only exists in your head," he said. "The actors have to feel that confidence to trust that you know what you're doing, and so does your crew. As a director, you set the tone. Really, it's coming off that movie, I understood the pitfalls, I understood the dangers, I knew where the alligators hide, you know? And so I made damn sure I didn't repeat any mistakes." however, history is repeating itself as Bright was described as a "plenty embarrassing" "genre disaster" by critics as the film debuted on Netflix this week.

• In a joke segment called "First Drafts" on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert (2015), one of the taglines for Independence Day: Resurgence (2016), "We had twenty years to prepare. So did they", was spoofed, saying its first draft really was: "For twenty years, Will Smith said 'NO.' So we just made it without him." Moreover, and similarly, for Smith's Suicide Squad, released in the same year, which has one tagline that states, "Worst. Heroes. Ever.", the first draft was: "The movie Will Smith did instead of Independence Day 2".

• On why the Joker enjoys inflicting pain, Jared Leto stated in an interview, "I think that the Joker is inflicting upon the world the pain that has been inflicted upon him, so in a sense there's some sort of revenge there, but I think it's all a big game, I think that if there's an opportunity to manipulate or intimidate he finds that really exciting."

• Early on in production, Scott Eastwood and Common were widely believed to be playing Jason Todd and The Tattooed Man respectively. Both of these rumors turned out to be false.

• The military helicopters featured in the film include: An MH-60L Direct Action Penetrator (DAP) Black Hawk gunship, with the number "23" on its door, shoots down "Savior One-Zero", another helicopter that The Joker and his men had hijacked, and is called in to extract Waller, but is brought down by Incubus. A regular MH-60L Black Hawk helicopter, not in DAP configuration, delivers Captain Boomerang to the "party" at Midway City in a sack. MH-47G Chinooks. They carried Task Force X, and the accompanying S.E.A.L.s into Midway City. One of them, "Six-One", is shot down by Enchantress' minions, and another Chinook, the aforementioned "Savior One-Zero", was the extraction for the Task Force, but is hijacked by The Joker before it can do so. A Hughes 500, standing in for an MH-6 Little Bird, carries Colonel Flag into the Midway City airport base to meet with his new team. A pair of AH-64D Apache Longbow attack helicopters attempt to kill Incubus during his initial breakout in Midway City with their M230 30mm chain guns, but are destroyed themselves. Of these, all but the Apaches are operated exclusively by the elite 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment.

• Even though Jared Leto was told to shave his whole body, he is only shot from the waist up, in scenes where he is shirtless or his shirt is open, compared to Dallas Buyers Club (2013), where all parts of his body are showing.

• The name "Harley Quinn" is a phonetically and linguistically corruption of the English term "Harlequin" (based on the Italian name Arlecchino), as the character is being depicted in the DC's Graphic novels, the official movie novelizations and the movies. Even in the French pronunciation of the French word "harlekin" one can pick out the sound of the character's name.

• Margot Robbie said in an interview if she could give any advice to her character Harley, she would say, "Find your love elsewhere, look to your girls, your girl gang - - you gotta find your love in the good places. Don't look for it in the bad places."

• Margot Robbie celebrated her twenty-fifth birthday on the set in her Harley Quinn costume with her own birthday cake which she posted on her Instagram and Twitter account.

• Jai Courtney's co-cast member in Spartacus (2010), Nick E. Tarabay, plays George "Digger" Harkness, a.k.a. Captain Boomerang, in the CW series Arrow (2012).

• Margot Robbie spent over three hours in the make-up chair, to be transformed into Harley Quinn. She had to have her skin painted white, apply twenty temporary tattoos, apply Harley Quinn's wig, and get into costume.

• The scene of the Joker interrogating Captain Griggs, including the line, "I can't wait to show you my new toys", was in several trailers, but was removed from the final cut.

• This film has made movie history as the 70th feature film to be nominated for an Academy Award and a Golden Raspberry Award.

• Jared Leto revealed in an interview that among the infamous gifts he sent his co-stars were more appropriate items, too. "I did give some really nice, sweet gifts as well," Leto said while promoting the film in New York City, "I gave cupcakes". But then he added with a devilish grin", "I don't think they should have eaten the cupcakes", he quipped, "I also wrote everyone a poem as well", Leto said adding, "It helped me think about who they were and kind of created this illusion of a relationship and make the circumstances a little more realistic". Leto then teased, "The funny thing about the gifts, is no one has actually talked about the craziest stuff, I did get thank you notes for some of the gifts" Leto boasted, "I'm not going to say who or what, or what specific gift was thanked, but there were a lot", "Joker likes to share his toys."

• Joel Kinnaman previously appeared in Robocop, making him one of several cast members of that series to appear opposite Batman. The original Robocop, Peter Weller, voiced Batman. Kinnaman played the role opposite Michael Keaton. Gary Oldman and Ray Wise have both played Commissioner Gordon.

• The scene with Captain Boomerang convincing Slipknot that the bomb inside his neck is a ruse, is taken directly from John Ostrander's run. However, in the comic, Slipknot loses an arm and survives.

• The first trailer for this film shown at Comic Con 2015, featured a cover version of The Bee Gees's classic "I Started A Joke". This version was specifically produced for that preview by trailer music company Confidential Music (with vocals by Becky Hanson), and made quite an impact with audiences. A modified version of that arrangement is included on the official soundtrack album (which is remarkable as such cover versions created only for promotional material are normally not released to the public).

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb