Three Days of the Condor - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of Three Days of the Condor or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to Three Days of the Condor

• Three Days of the Condor - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• As of 2015, this film has never been officially released on any form of home media in the UK. It hasn't been submitted to the BBFC since its theatrical release, and still has the old "AA" rating.

• One of seven pictures director Sydney Pollack made with actor Robert Redford.

• When Turner arrives back in New York towards the end of the film, there is a sweeping pan across the city streets. To the left of the US Armed Forces recruiting office is a movie billboard, advertising the current feature as The Towering Inferno. You can also just see Faye Dunaway's surname. Dunaway plays Cathy in this film.

• Higgins' office is based at the World Trade Center. Cliff Robertson, who played Higgins, is a keen aviator, and was flying a private Beechcraft Baron over New York City on the morning of September 11, 2001. He was directly above the World Trade Center, climbing through 7,500 feet when the first Boeing 767 struck. Air traffic control instructed him to land immediately at the nearest airport, after a nationwide order to ground all civilian and commercial aircraft following the attacks.

• The American Literary Historical Society building is the location of the American Irish Historical Society where the opening scenes of the murders are shot. Yes, that is their back door courtyard.

• Katherine Hale (1878-1956), real name Amelia Beers Warnock, was a Canadian poet, critic, and short story writer. This is Faye Dunaway's character's name and this ties in to the CIA cover of the literary society.

• The film was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Film Editing, but lost to Jaws (1975).

• Kathy Hale's license plate number is 37B-HFN.

• Leonard Atwood's phone number is 202-227-0098. Chevy Chase is now covered by area codes 240 and 301.

• The film inspired the story structure for Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014), another Robert Redford film.

• When Turner & Kathy watch the news to see if the NYC local news can give him any update on his friend Sam, the station they put on is WABC -- NYC's channel 7. However, as Turner turns the set off, the station logo on the screen is for channel 9, station WOR (now known as WWOR).

• Former CIA director Richard Helms acted as a personal consultant to Robert Redford for his role as The Condor.

• All but one of the film's leading actors have won Oscars. Robert Redford for Ordinary People (1980), Faye Dunaway for Network (1976), Cliff Robertson for Charly (1968) and John Houseman for The Paper Chase (1973). All the awards were for acting, except Redford's two, one of which was for directing, the other an Honorary Award. The only one of these actors [to date, September 2013] not to win an Academy Award was Max von Sydow, who has been nominated twice without winning, for Pelle the Conqueror (1987) and Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (2011).

• In her biography "Looking for Gatsby", Faye Dunaway says of this film: "Now I'm sorry but the idea of being kidnapped and ravaged by Robert Redford was anything but frightening. [At one point, after Redford temporarily left the set and director Pollack took over his role for Dunaway's reaction shots] the cameras were rolling, I was in position, and suddenly Sydney lunged at me, growling 'I AM GOING TO GET YOU!'. I'm tied up at this point, unable to get away or move much at all, but Sydney kept moving toward me, his eyes glaring at me as he went on detailing all the horrible things he was going to do to me, and let me tell you, Sydney has an inventive mind. He is also a great actor, and he scared the hell out of me. Sydney kept the camera rolling and he was relentless".

• Star Billing: Robert Redford (1st), Faye Dunaway (2nd), Cliff Robertson (3rd), Max von Sydow (4th) and John Houseman (5th).

• Peter Yates was originally signed to direct when Dino De Laurentiis planned for Warren Beatty to star. When Redford was signed he preferred Sydney Pollack as director, and so Dino paid Yates his full $200k salary not to helm the picture. Yates had previously directed Redford in The Hot Rock (1972).

• This is the only feature film filmed inside the World Trade Center.

• The van that is sent to the murder scene once the CIA acts to cover up the murders is labeled "Augean Cleaning Service." This is a reference to one of the Twelve Labors of Hercules, where he was required to clean the stables in which King Augeas kept 3000 oxen, and which had not been cleaned for 30 years, in one day. Hercules did this by diverting the river Alpheus through the stables.

• According to Lucia Bozzola at Allmovie, the picture was "one of a cycle of conspiracy films from the 1970s that also included The Parallax View (1974) and [Robert] Redford's All the President's Men (1976)". Moreover, James Steffen at the TCMDb said "Three Days of the Condor (1975) was one in a series of political conspiracy thrillers to appear in the wake of the Watergate scandals. Other well-known examples include The The Parallax View (1974) and All the President's Men (1976), both directed by Alan J. Pakula".

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb