What About Bob? - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of What About Bob? or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to What About Bob?

• What About Bob? - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• In August 2017 Richard Dreyfuss went on record and stated that he thinks Bill Murray is a pig and that he irritated him because Murray is a good golfer and Dreyfuss isn't. In the film Murray's character Bob Wiley irritates Dr. Leo Marvin (Dreyfuss).

• Richard Dreyfuss and Bill Murray's favorite movie of their own.

• In a 2000 interview with IGN, director Frank Oz recalled that " . . . it was a tense time [shooting the film] because [Bill Murray] . . . and the writer and the producer . . . and Richard Dreyfuss . . . and me . . . and Disney (although less so Disney, I must say they were more supportive) . . . all had our view on how to make the script better. It wasn't out of mean-spiritedness, it was just that everybody felt strongly about how to make the movie better. That caused friction and a lot of tension, and that's what I remember, but it also caused the movie to be better. It turned out okay, I think."

• The diagnosis of Bob Wiley by psychiatrist Dr. Leo Marvin was "multi-phobic personality characterized by acute separation anxiety and extreme need for family connections".

• Of the two pictures released in 1991 in which Laura Ziskin acted as a producer, both featured medical practitioners; this film featured Dr. Leo Marvin (Richard Dreyfuss), and in William Hurt played The Doctor (1991) Jack MacKee.

• The trailer features shots and footage that don't appear in the final finished film.

• At one point in development, "Woody Allen was considered, in that he could do triple duty as star, director, and possibly co-writer, if he can arrange for some freedom from his exclusive deal with Orion Pictures", according to Leonard Klady in the June 25, 1989, edition of "The Los Angeles Times".

• Richard Dreyfuss in an article published on 8th October 2009 by Nathan Rabin in "The A.V. Club", said, "How about it? Funny movie. Terribly unpleasant experience. We didn't get along, me and Bill Murray. But I've got to give it to him: I don't like him, but he makes me laugh even now. I'm also jealous that he's a better golfer than I am. It's a funny movie. No one ever comes up to you and says, 'I identify with the patient'. They always say, 'I have patients like that. I identify with your character'. No one ever says that they're willing to identify with the other character".

• Richard Dreyfuss had many roles in movies during the 1970s that involved women named Susan or Suzanne (virtually the same names aside of spelling and pronunciation differences) who were actresses or characters in the movies he was in, which Dreyfuss' characters had strong interest in the role characters with the name, or portrayed by the actresses with the similar names. Except, that in What About Bob which was in 1991, his character Dr. Leo Marvin had a sister named Lily in which the name Lily would be a translation of the ancient Hebrew name Shoshanna which evolved into name cognates such as Susan and Suzanne over a long period of time, since it was likely that he didn't want his wife of the time Susan Davis, with the stage name Jermaine Rain to have her name directly referenced on any character who would be a sister of a role character. Then there was also Bill Murray who had the same birthday as Leonard Cohen, Cohen being a musician who had a song titled Suzanne, of which a past Dreyfuss movie The Second Coming Of Suzanne would reference that song.In the movie What About Bob though, Susan Willis (similar first name) who had the role of Mrs. Gutman would yell the phrase "burn in hell, Dr. Marvin" and complain about him stealing her and Mr. Gutman's dream home, it could be likely that she was annoyed by her name, and cognates of it being associated with Dreyfuss' career.but oddly enough, Bob who was portrayed by Bill Murray (who had Leonard Cohen's birthday), and character Lily (translation of Shoshanna/Susan/Suzanne) got married at the end of the movie, and Dr. Marvin would "sue" for the rights of a book.

• The Rite 2011

Seminary student Michael Kovak Colin ODonoghue reluctantly attends exorcism school at the Vatican. While hes in Rome Michael meets an unorthodox priest Father Lucas Anthony Hopkins who introduces him to the darker side of his faith ...

The Rite features scary, atmospheric, suspenseful, bleak and tense style.

• Case 39 2009

In her many years as a social worker Emily Jenkins believes she has seen it all until she meets 10-year-old Lilith and the girls cruel parents. Emilys worst fears are confirmed when the parents try to harm the child and so Emily ...

Case 39 features scary, suspenseful, psychological, gloomy and serious style.

• Curse of the Nun 2019

A damaged young woman is looking forward to moving to a beautiful new home but the spirit of a deranged nun wants her to stay right where she is.

Curse of the Nun features scary, bleak, macabre, suspense and dark style.

• Ted 2 2015

Newlywed couple Ted and Tami-Lynn want to have a baby but in order to qualify to be a parent Ted will have to prove hes a person in a court of law.

Ted 2 features humorous, not serious, absurd, funny and gross out humor style.

• Movie 43 2013

The film is composed of multiple comedy shorts presented through an overarching segment titled quotThe Pitchquot in which Charlie Wessler a mad screenwriter is attempting to pitch a script to film executive Griffin Schraeder. After revealing ...

Movie 43 features dark humor, funny, not serious, toilet humor and gross out humor style.

• Role Models 2008

Two salesmen trash a company truck on an energy drink-fueled bender. Upon their arrest the court gives them a choice do hard time or spend 150 service hours with a mentorship program. After one day with the kids however jail doesnt look ...

Role Models features humorous, feel good, witty, sentimental and not serious style.

• Due Date 2010

Peter Highman must scramble across the US in five days to be present for the birth of his first child. He gets off to a bad start when his wallet and luggage are stolen and put on the no-fly list. Peter embarks on a terrifying journey ...

Due Date features humorous, feel good, buddy comedy, not serious and road movie style.

• Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back 2001

When Jay and Silent Bob learn that their comic-book alter egos Bluntman and Chronic have been sold to Hollywood as part of a big-screen movie that leaves them out of any royalties the pair travels to Tinseltown to sabotage the production.

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back features humorous, talky, not serious, exciting and funny style.

• The Rite 2011

Seminary student Michael Kovak Colin ODonoghue reluctantly attends exorcism school at the Vatican. While hes in Rome Michael meets an unorthodox priest Father Lucas Anthony Hopkins who introduces him to the darker side of his faith ...

The Rite features scary, atmospheric, suspenseful, bleak and tense style.

• Case 39 2009

In her many years as a social worker Emily Jenkins believes she has seen it all until she meets 10-year-old Lilith and the girls cruel parents. Emilys worst fears are confirmed when the parents try to harm the child and so Emily ...

Case 39 features scary, suspenseful, psychological, gloomy and serious style.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb