Home Alone 2: Lost in New York - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of Home Alone 2: Lost in New York or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to Home Alone 2: Lost in New York

• Home Alone 2: Lost in New York - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Macaulay Culkin's brother Kieran again played the role of the bedwetting cousin, Fuller.

• Contrary to a popular rumor, Robert De Niro did not play one of the police officers arresting Marv and Harry. You can get a clear look at his face in one shot as they come down the stairs. It's just someone who looks like him.

• John Candy was, at one point, going to do a cameo in this movie.

• In Home Alone (1990), the soda that we can see Fuller drink is Pepsi. In this movie, they promote Coca-Cola. However, when Kevin arrives to New York City, you can see a giant Pepsi sign in the landscape scenes.

• The "pigeon attack" sequence was filmed on March 25, 1992. According to Joe Pesci, the crew covered him and Daniel Stern with real birdseed, and about three hundred pigeons.

• The scene when the man sitting next to Kevin on the plane starts speaking in French was translated into Spanish on the DVD's French audio setting.

• The location in the park by the large fountain where Kevin (Macaulay Culkin) escapes from Harry (Joe Pesci) and Marv (Daniel Stern) was used in Mr. Deeds (2002), when Longfellow Deeds (Adam Sandler) and Babe Bennett (Winona Ryder) share stories and see the firetrucks they follow.

• When the camera first pans up the Rockefeller Christmas tree at the end of this movie, the star and two illuminated windows form the Hughes Entertainment logo.

• When Kevin got on the New York City-bound plane he sits next to a French man asking him if he's ever been to Florida, the man responds in French, what he said was "What's that? I'm from France and I'm a tourist here, it's my first time coming to America. Do you know a good restaurant? Or maybe your parents they know a good place? Why aren't you responding? You speak a bit of French right? I don't speak English at all, give me a bit of help at least. My name is Andre, what's your name?"

• Kevin's room service bill (on which he spent $967) indicates that he ordered two chocolate cakes, six chocolate mousses with chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry ice cream topped with M&Ms, chocolate sprinkles, cherries, nuts, marshmallows, caramel syrup, chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup, whipped cream, and bananas, six custard flans, a pastry cart, eight strawberry tarts, and thirty-six chocolate-covered strawberries.

• Director Chris Columbus recalled that the production spent a lot of money on artificial snow for Central Park, and then New York City had a blizzard.

• Catherine O'Hara and Dana Ivey re-united for the comedy Orange County (2002).

• Director Chris Columbus recalls during filming, "I was up on 140th Street in Harlem. It was three in the morning, and I was walking to get a cup of coffee. These two young kids come up to me and they said, "What's the name of the movie?" I said "Home Alone 2" and they said, "What do you do?" and I said "I'm the director", they said, "Oh, you're John Hughes."

• A real version of the Talkboy, the tape recorder with which Kevin played in the movie, was created by Tiger Electronics shortly after this movie's release (along with its pink-and-purple counterpart, the Talkgirl).

• In the novelization for Young Sherlock Holmes (1985), Watson says London is the largest and richest city in the world. Kate says New York City is one of the biggest cities in the world, and Chris Columbus wrote the other movie.

• In the shower scene, Kevin used an inflatable clown doll and a recording of Frank singing in the shower to fool and spook the Concierge (Tim Curry) into leaving his hotel room. Curry played the evil clown Pennywise in Stephen King's It (1990).

• The child that Marv and Harry catch in the park is wearing a nearly identical hat that Kevin wore in Home Alone (1990).

• Filming began in early December 1991 and ended in May 1992.

• The Villa de Dolphine Motel was located in Long Beach, California; its real name was Rochelle's Motel. It has since been demolished and replaced with a parking structure for Long Beach Airport.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb