The Electric Horseman - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• This movie was released on December 21, 1979, co-star Jane Fonda's 42nd birthday.

• The Electric Horseman - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Robert Redford used four of his costars - Nicolas Coster, Basil Hoffman, James Sikking and Quinn Redeker - the following year in his directorial debut, Ordinary People (1980). (He had also previously worked with Timothy Scott in Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid.)

• Reportedly, a 20 second kissing scene took 48 takes to film and cost US $280,000 to shoot due to interruptions caused by traveling thunder storms.

• Some movie posters featured a long blurb that read: "Tell me Norman . . . did you think it was going to be this tough to get rid of a pain in the ass like me? . . . . . Ma'am, I had no idea".

• Some film posters for this movie emphasized the star teaming of its two big star leads of Robert Redford and Jane Fonda by exclaiming in capital letters in a large red font typeface: "REDFORD - FONDA - ELECTRIC".

• One of three cinema movie collaborations of actor-singer Willie Nelson and producer-director Sydney Pollack. The three pictures are [in order]: The Electric Horseman (1979) (their first film), Honeysuckle Rose (1980) (their second movie), and Songwriter (1984) (their third and final flick). Nelson appears in all three pictures with lead starring roles in all but the first where Nelson had a supporting part. Pollack acted in three different capacities on the three films: as a director, an executive producer, and a producer respectively.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb