Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

• Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• The "Fort" in Port Royal is actually not on St. Vincent, but at a closed down amusement park (Marineland) in Rancho Palos Verdes, California.

• Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• In the novelization for Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007), Barbossa considers Jack dangerous, but foolhardy.

• (at around 1h 30 mins) Jack (the monkey) is seen smiling when Barbossa thanks him specifically after he returns the Aztec coin to him, after Jack Sparrow chases him. In the special features on the DVD, it is revealed that the monkey did this purely by chance, and it was not planned out in any way.

• The filming began on Wednesday 9th October 2002 and ended at Friday 7th March 2003.

• (at around 2h 10 mins) One of the film's last lines - "Bring me that horizon" - was conceived by Johnny Depp on the morning the scene was filmed.

• (at around 23 mins) During the swordfight scene between Jack Sparrow and Will Turner in the blacksmith shop, the clanging of their swords are just about in sync with the rhythm of the incidental music.

• Steven Spielberg wanted Sylvester McCoy for the role of Governor Swann.

• On August 10, 2002, a fire started on the soundstage where the movie was shot. Nobody was hurt, and the damage was estimated to be 350,000 dollars.

• Many of the crew got seasick while filming.

• Keira Knightley revealed on a talk show that during the filming of the movie, she had to constantly have padding to make her chest appear "like there's something there."

• Will gets into a fight with one pirate, who's slammed through a window by a falling sign. A few minutes later, he's up and about again, one of the first hints something's up with the pirates.

• Michael Keaton, Jim Carrey, and Christopher Walken were all considered for the role of Captain Jack Sparrow.

• Keira Knightley claimed she was so sure she was going to get fired after a few days work on this film, she only packed a few things to go with her to start filming.

• When returning from a night shoot on one of the Caribbean islands, Keira Knightley's boat struck a reef and went down. The only people aboard were Knightley, her mother Sharman Macdonald, and the boat's skipper, all of whom escaped unharmed and were rescued within a few hours. However, the incident ultimately determined that the rest of the island night shoots would be filmed in a studio, rather than on-location.

• The film's title in Germany translates to "Curse of the Caribbean".

• Keira Knightley was only eighteen years old when this movie came out.

• (at around 16 mins) During the scene when Elizabeth Swann falls into the ocean, activating the coin around her neck, the clouds in the sky form an outstretched, grasping hand coming towards the island.

• Zoe Saldana did not enjoy her time on this film. She said, "Those weren't the right people for me. I'm not talking about the cast. The cast was great. I'm talking about the political stuff that went on behind closed doors. It was a lot of above-the-line versus below-the-line, extras versus actors, producers versus P As. It was very elitist. I almost quit the business. I was 23 years old, and I was like, "F- this!" I am never putting myself in this situation again. People disrespecting me because they look at my number on a call sheet and they think I'm not important. F- you."

• (at around 41 mins) When Will wakes up after being knocked out, the morning after the Port Royal siege, he looks out into the port, and in the background is a young girl sweeping a porch. The actress is Lucinda Dryzek, who plays Young Elizabeth in the beginning of the film.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb