The Lost World: Jurassic Park - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of The Lost World: Jurassic Park or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to The Lost World: Jurassic Park

• The Lost World: Jurassic Park - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• The tranquilizer gun Roland uses to tranqulize the male Tyrannosaurus is a modified LAR Grizzly Big Boar.

• It is thought that if Stark only needed to urinate, then he could of done less privately. In fact, he goes deeper into the jungle, as you actually see him pull a wrap of drugs from his pants.

• The practical effect of the Pachycephalosaurus was sculpted and painted by Scott Stoddard and was mechanized by Jeff Edwards and Richard Haugen. there were three versions that were created and employed for use in the movie, these three variants were a full size hydraulic puppet, an insert head, an animatronic of the Pachy in a ramming stance when it headbutts one of the vehicles of the hunters, also to know is that the Pachycephalosaurus was the only dinosaur in the round up scene that was not purely portrayed with CGI.

• The dependence of young Tyrannosauruses on their parents is very apparent with this baby dinosaur. When it is injured and taken away from its parents, it barely ever stops howling for them, indicating that it is not yet capable of surviving on its own, and requires its parents to come to its rescue.

• The alpinist Roland Tembo (Pete Postlethwaite) mentions as the first man to climb the Mt. Everest without oxygen bottles is Reinhold Messner.

• The only time that a second T-Rex and an infant are shown in the franchise.

• If you listen closely when Paul and the crew run to help Cathy you can hear Paul say "Get away from my daughter!" although the line does not appear in the subtitles.

• Steven Spielberg and John Williams felt that the score of this movie needed to be slightly different to that heard in Jurassic Park (1993). Because it was a remote island chain, they added drums and bongos.

• When the Buck stops at a house to drink from the pool, a dog, tied to his dog house on a lead chain, sees the dinosaur and starts barking. The dog gets excited and moves toward the edge of the pool, dragging his dog house behind him. Later, you see the dog house hanging out of T-Rex's mouth, however, the dog is not seen. This scene was shot in cuts. The dog house was made out of light weight balsa wood with an aluminum bottom. The dog only had to drag the dog house a couple of feet. The trainer attached the dog to the chain and cued him with verbal and hand signals.

• The car Ian Malcolm drives, is a 1969 Pontiac custom S.

• Originally, the baby T. Rex was suppose to be brown, as seen on one of his marquettes in the behind-the-scenes featurette, meaning that he might have originally been planned to be female instead of male.

• The baby T. Rex had two different practical versions, a "fully contained" remote controlled version the actors and actress could carry, and a hybrid operated by hydraulics and cables which lay on the operating table, and had the added complexity of moving as Vince Vaughn held its head.

• Roland refers to a pachyceplosaurus as "Friar Tuck", coincidentally Pete Postlethwaite played a monk/friar "Brother Gilbert" in DragonHeart (1996).

• DIRECTOR TRADEMARK (Steven Spielberg): (signs): When the T. Rex bites the traffic signal in San Diego, a street sign on the right edge of the screen reads in part "NO DINOSAURS".

• Steven Spielberg confessed that during production he became increasingly disenchanted with this movie, admitting, "I beat myself up, growing more and more impatient with myself. It made me wistful about doing a talking picture, because sometimes I got the feeling I was just making this big silent-roar movie. I found myself saying, 'Is that all there is? It's not enough for me.'"

• It was mentioned that the juvenile T. Rex was a couple of weeks old. It would have been too long for it to be that old, although it's implied that InGen accelerated the growth of their dinosaurs, which could account for the issue.

• The T-Rex climax was filmed in San Diego and Burbank, California.

• Interestingly, in the script, the identity of Pachycephalosaur captured by the hunters was more vague as Dr. Burke initially identifies it as Pachycephalosaurus, but later afterwards identifies the animal as either once again being Pachycephalosaurus or Prenocephale.

• WILHELM SCREAM: Not the classic Wilhelm, but "the second scream" is heard as Eddie is being eaten by the Tyrannosauruses.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb