True Lies - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• To film the scenes on the old Seven Mile Bridge in the Keys, like the arrival and take-off of the Harrier jet, the production crew closed down the traffic on new Seven Mile Bridge at intervals for several minutes at a time. Whenever this happened, women were sent among the stopped cars giving drivers Pepsis and bumper stickers that read "I was stopped on the 7 Mile Bridge by Omega Sector."

• True Lies - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• James Cameron responded to a backlash against the movie by Arab-American groups over the terrorists in it by stating that he was only looking for "generic terrorists; I almost used Irish terrorists as the bad guys." The reference about Irish terrorists refers to the fact that an early draft of the script did have rogue IRA operatives as the villains, but this was dropped when information about the film "Blown Away" with Tommy Lee Jones and Jeff Bridges came out (its bad guy was an ultra-nationalist extremist "too crazy for the IRA" and Bridges was the reformed ex-IRA bomb master who had to stop him) and Cameron did not want another 1994 film to echo his plans for TL. Cameron ultimately included an entry near the end credits which stated that none of the characters in his movie were meant to be represenative of any real racial, religious, ethnic or social groups.

• When asked during an interview whether his wife was bothered by him sitting there watching Jamie Lee Curtis strip, Arnold Schwarzenegger said that she asked him about it and he assured her "Honey, I hated every hour of it!"

• In the bathroom scene, the second terrorist to come in is wearing a similar outfit and has the same build and general appearance as the T-800 in the nightclub scene of The Terminator (1984). Both movies were written and directed by James Cameron and star Arnold Schwarzenegger.

• Art Malik was offered more roles in other action films after but turned them down. Malik said "I didn't want to do action movies that weren't as good."

• Tom Arnold was so sure he wouldn't get this role that he asked if he could audition for a smaller part.

• The bridge that was blown up was an 80' model of the 7 Mile Bridge. The old bridge (where they did the shot) was already "blown up", when they opened the new bridge. The bridge had sections removed so that taller boats could pass through without the need for a drawbridge.

• Arnold Schwarzenegger signed on to make the film before he made Last Action Hero (1993). The reason for the delay was that James Cameron was busy writing Strange Days (1995) for his ex-wife, Kathryn Bigelow.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb