Kill Bill: Vol. 1 - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Part of the movie was shot at the legendary The Shaw Brothers Creative Group studio in Hong Kong. Quentin Tarantino has seen so many movies made at the studio, he felt it was important for him to work there.

• Kill Bill: Vol. 1 - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• The blurry lights scene transition is the same as was used in The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (1964), which would also explain the title card for Chapter 4 "The MAN from Okinawa". If you listen really close, you can even hear the drum background used in The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (1964), which would suggest that Writer and Director Quentin Tarantino either went to a great deal of trouble to duplicate it, or just borrowed it from an actual The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (1964) episode.

• The line "My name's Buck, and I'm here to fuck." was taken from the opening line in Tobe Hooper's horror/exploitation film Eaten Alive (1976). Robert Englund's character says "The name's Buck, and I'm rarin' to fuck."

• It took six years to write the entire script before being split into two parts. The original draft was about two hundred twenty pages long.

• The name "Johnny Mo" is a reference to the Chinese director of Hero (2002), Yimou Zhang, whose name, when spoken, would sound almost the same.

• Originally, Quentin Tarantino wanted Michael Madsen to play Johnny Mo. However, he decided that Madsen would be better as Bill's brother, so he had him play Budd instead.

• Jack Nicholson, Kurt Russell, Mickey Rourke, and Burt Reynolds passed on playing Bill.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb