Logan - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Fan of Logan or just want to share your movie knowledge? This topic is dedicated to all trivia and questions related to Logan

• Logan - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• James Mangold stated that this movie is set in 2029 to avoid any conflict with the timeline established in X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014), but that his goal was to make a stand-alone movie, that was not bound to continuing previous storylines, or setting up sequels.

• The "f" word is used thirty-five times.

• In the final scene, you can see the mutant Bobby carrying an original Wolverine action figure, which was featured in a deleted scene.

• This is the last movie in which Hugh Jackman will play Wolverine. He has cited his age and his skin cancer as factors in him retiring from the role. He also said that having a discussion with [Jerry Seinfeld](/category/1174/jerry-Seinfeld) played a part in retiring the character, as Jerry talked generally about how he wanted to make sure he never got to a point with Seinfeld (1989) where audiences were weary of seeing it anymore, saying, "Oh, it's you again." Jackman felt fortunate to have avoided this for Wolverine, and wanted to ensure it never happened.

• In June 2017, this movie became the number one superhero movie of all time on RottenTomatoes, knocking The Dark Knight (2008) to number two.

• This is the first Wolverine-centric movie where Sir Patrick Stewart played a major credited role. His appearances in the previous Wolverine movies were brief, uncredited cameos.

• Hugh Jackman stated that while he doesn't doubt that the character of Logan will be eventually rebooted with a new actor, he has hopes for X-23 becoming the new "Wolverine" of the franchise.

• The coordinates to Eden (48.9770333, -102.155491) lead to a spot in North Dakota. According to the movie, Eden is roughly six miles east of Northgate, North Dakota, and seven miles south of the Canadian border in the Des Lacs National Wildlife Reserve.

• The Deadpool 2 (2018) teaser trailer was omitted from the DVD release.

• The truck Logan trades in his limo for is a 2016 RAM 1500 Rebel pickup truck.

• This is the first superhero movie to be nominated for the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay. It is also the first superhero movie to be nominated for screenwriting since The Incredibles (2004).

• Aside from screaming and yelling, it takes over two thirds of the movie before Laura speaks.

• On her dossier, it says that Laura has type O negative blood. O negative blood is the universal donor, meaning anyone can accept her blood and suggests that she might be able to save a dying compatriot by using a blood transfusion. Wolverine has done this successfully when Leech was dying in X-Men: The Animated Series (1992).

• The first words spoken by Laura (Daphne Keen) occur at around the 1:37:00 mark of the film.

• Sir Ian McKellen, who played Magneto in the X-Men film franchise, had expressed interest in appearing in this movie.

• Although the theme of death and disease is present throughout the movie, the song "When the Man Comes Around" by Johnny Cash also can be seen as a nod to two of the characters' pasts. In comic continuity, Logan and Caliban were members of Apocalypse's Horsemen. Logan being Death, and Caliban being both Death and Pestilence.

• Second X-Men movie to have its world premiere at a major film festival (Berlin). The first was X-Men: The Last Stand (2006), which premiered at the 2006 Cannes Film Festival.

• In the "Death of Wolverine" comic arc, Wolverine is poisoned due to adamantium (being a heavy metal) retaining radiation from the Nagasaki nuclear bomb, for which he was present. In this movie, he is slowly being poisoned by his skeleton for unrevealed reasons, possibly the same ones. This could also be similar to the "Old Man Logan" comic arc, as the older version of Logan suffered a similar problem of being poisoned due to his healing powers weakening in his advanced age, as his healing factor is a major factor to protect him from being poisoned by the adamantium.

• (At around one hour and thirty-five minutes) When Laura shouts at Logan In Spanish, the lines are not translated. Her words, roughly transcribed and translated: ¿Tú pretendes que hable contigo si siempre me insultas, si me gritas, si me intentas dejar tirada? Tú pretendes que abra la boca... "Why do you want me to talk to you if you're always insulting me, yelling at me, if you try to leave me behind? You want me to open my mouth ..."

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb