The Raven - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• According to Roger Corman, the hostility between Jack Nicholson and Peter Lorre, as father and son, came from the actors, rather than the script.

• The Raven - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• This was the closest that low-budget director Roger Corman ever came to having an "all-star cast," yet, despite the salaries of Vincent Price, Boris Karloff and Peter Lorre, it was reputedly produced at a cost of about $350,000. It went on to become one of Corman's biggest box office hits, grossing $1.5 million.

• Among the humorous touches Richard Matheson worked into the screenplay, were the Latin incantations used to cast spells, which any student of the language would recognize as the adages: "I came, I saw, I conquered", "Beware of the dog", "If you want peace, prepare for war", et cetera.

• According to Roger Corman, Peter Lorre's improvisations confused Vincent Price and Boris Karloff, but Price adapted to it well, while Karloff struggled.

• Both Boris Karloff and Hazel Court had previously starred in a 'Frankenstein' movie. Karloff playing Frankenstein's Monster three times in 'Frankenstein' (1931), 'The Bride of Frankenstein' (1935), and 'Son of Frankenstein' (1939). Where Hazel Court would go on to play Elizabeth (the love interest of Victor Frankenstein), in Hammer's 'The Curse of Frankenstein' (1957).

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb