Silver Linings Playbook - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Before and during the February 4, 2018, Super Bowl between the Philadelphia Eagles and the New England Patriots, both Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence received media attention for their continued support of the Eagles and their connection to Eagles fandom via this movie. Cooper attended the game and was often shown on camera, with the commentators reminding viewers of his Philadelphia upbringing and his role as an Eagles superfan in Silver Linings Playbook. And multiple media outlets reported that Jennifer Lawrence was on a Delta Air Lines flight from New Orleans to Los Angeles on Superbowl Sunday when she led the passengers in a cheer for the Eagles over the plane's loudspeaker. The Eagles ultimately won their first-ever Super Bowl, beating the Patriots 41 to 33.

• Silver Linings Playbook - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• The Weinstein Company bought the rights to the book before it was published, and planned for Sydney Pollack and Anthony Minghella to produce, before they both died in 2008.

• Jennifer Lawrence does not appear until about twenty-five minutes into the film.

• Despite being a large part of the plot, and the last word of the title, being related to American football fandom, there is actually very little football to be seen in the film. The only time that the viewer gets to see the game actually being played on-screen is on a small screen while the dance competition is going on.

• Jennifer Lawrence auditioned via Skype.

• Jennifer Lawrence was more impressed with one of her co-stars than with the others. "I met Robert De Niro, Bradley Cooper, and Jacki Weaver all at the same time," she remembers. "Robert De Niro is standing right next to Jacki Weaver, and I go straight to Jacki and am like, 'Oh my God, I love Animal Kingdom (2010)! I love you!'"

• Mark Wahlberg was cast in the lead role, but David O. Russell decided to go with Bradley Cooper instead, even though Wahlberg had produced and co-starred in Russell's previous film, the critically acclaimed smash The Fighter (2010).

• The title in Thailand translates "Love You Like Crazy".

• Angelina Jolie was considered for a role.

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb