Bull Durham - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• In their confrontation outside the bar, Crash tells Nuke, "I hear you couldn't hit water if you fell out of a fucking boat." Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda said this in 1984, in reference to weak-hitting San Diego Padres infielder Kurt Bevacqua.

• Bull Durham - Trivia, Questions and Fun Facts

• Glenn Close auditioned for the role of Annie but was forced to turn the role down due to her commitment to the film Dangerous Liaisons (1988).

• Kay Lenz, Mary Steenburgen and Pamela Stephenson auditioned for the role of Annie.

• Cybill Shepherd and Bruce Willis were considered to play the parts of Annie and Crash but declined due to their commitment to the TV series Moonlighting (1985).

• Trey Wilson, as Manager Jim Riggins, wears an under-jersey sporting the "Wilson" Sporting Goods logo.

• Michelle Pfeiffer auditioned for the role of Annie Savoy but wasn't cast due to being perceived as too young.

• Producer Thom Mount (who is part owner of the real Durham Bulls) hired Pete Bock, a former semi-pro baseball player, as a consultant on the film. Bock recruited more than a dozen minor-league players, ran a tryout camp to recruit an additional 40 to 50 players from lesser ranks, hired several minor-league umpires and conducted two-a-day workouts and practice games with Tim Robbins pitching and Kevin Costner catching. Bock made sure the actors looked and acted like ballplayers and that the real players acted convincingly in front of the cameras. He said, "the director would say, 'This is the shot we want. What we need is the left fielder throwing a one-hopper to the plate. Then we need a good collision at the plate.' I would select the players I know could do the job, and then we would go out and get it done".

Make a Post or Browse

Browse Celeb Feed

Recently added

© DiscussIMDB, All rights reserved. DiscussIMDB is not affiliated with IMDb